General Terms and Conditions of Werner Seeger Qualitätsmanagement Romania SRL (WSQR) for Seminars Open Training
§ 1 Registration
Registrations must be made in writing and can be made using the form enclosed with the seminar catalogue, by post, fax or e-mail to Werner Seeger Qualitätsmanagement Romania SRL (WSQR). If registrations are made by telephone, the interested party will receive a written confirmation of registration. The signed seminar contract must be received by WSQR at least 14 days before the date of the event. The type, location, time and scope of the seminar services are specified and determined in the respective contract. Orders to WSQR to conduct seminars are binding as described in the offer and the order confirmation or contract.
§ 2 Cancellation and withdrawal/cancellation conditions
(1) The participant/client may withdraw from the contract if he notifies the WSQR in writing before the seminar begins. The date of receipt by WSQR of the written notice of withdrawal/termination shall be decisive. In the event of withdrawal in due time with more than 14 days prior to the start of the seminar, an administrative fee of 25% of the seminar price shall be due. If written notice of cancellation is received within 14 days before the start of the seminar, a cancellation fee of 75% of the participant fee will be charged. If a registration is withdrawn on the day the seminar begins, the full fee is generally due. If the cancellation is not made in due time or if the participant does not appear or appears only temporarily, the participant is obliged to pay the full fee / the full fee. The non-utilisation of individual teaching units does not entitle the participant to a reduction of the invoice amount. The provision of a replacement participant in compliance with the respective selection criteria is possible after examination and confirmation by the WSQR.
(2) WSQR SRL reserves the right to cancel even confirmed events for organisational or other important reasons (e.g. if the number of participants is too low) up to three days before the start of the event. If a seminar has to be cancelled, WSQR shall endeavour to find a suitable alternative or substitute date. In the event that no alternative date can be found, the seminar fees will be refunded at 100%. However, claims for futile travel expenses will not be accepted. In case of cancellation of the event – e.g. due to force majeure – no recourse claims can be made against WSQR.
§ 3 Prerequisites for the event
(1) The prerequisites necessary for attending the event are set out in the seminar descriptions. The client is obliged to carefully select the participants according to their qualifications and abilities in order to meet the requirements of the seminars. This applies accordingly to the provision of a replacement participant in compliance with the respective selection criteria, or examination and confirmation by WSQR.
(2) WSQR reserves the right not to admit a participant to an event or to uninvite a participant from an event that has already begun if he obviously does not meet the requirements for participation. WSQR is entitled to exclude participants from further participation in special cases, e.g. disruption of the event and the course of operations. In such cases WSQR shall be entitled to payment of the full participation fee.
§ 4 Seminar Prices
The conditions of the price list valid at the time of the event apply. Only temporary participation in a business event does not entitle the participant to a reduction of the seminar price. All prices are subject to the statutory value added tax at the current rate.
§ 5 Invoicing
The invoice will be issued with the registration. The Contractor’s claim for remuneration shall become due upon expiry of the payment period stated on the invoice. Payments shall be made in advance of the seminar by bank transfer to the account of WSQR. Partial payments are excluded.
§ 6 Performance of the seminar
The seminar location is indicated in the current seminar description or in the schedule. We reserve the right to change the location of the seminar. The seminars start at 9:00 a.m. and comprise 8 lessons of 45 minutes each per day. For seminars held in hotels, the seminar times are determined individually according to the topic. Finally, the details given in the confirmation of registration apply.
§ 7 Accommodation/Hotel – Arrival and departure
Accommodation during an event must be provided by the participant or the client. If the hotel or accommodation for events (e.g. hotel seminars) is booked by WSQR, this is done on behalf of the participant. The special conditions negotiated by WSQR are transferred to the participant or client. Travel to and from the seminar is at the participant’s own risk.
§ 8 Liability
(1) The WSQR shall only be liable to the participant/client for intentional and grossly negligent conduct, regardless of the legal grounds. The personal liability of employees or subcontractors who have acted as vicarious agents of WSQR shall be excluded. WSQR shall neither be liable for indirect damage (e.g. consequential damage, pure financial loss or loss of profit) nor for loss of data and/or programs. Claims of recourse due to accidents or damages caused by the customer are excluded. No liability can be accepted for items brought in by the participant/client during a training course.
(2) WSQR has a liability insurance. The participant/client shall be entitled to claim directly against the insurer for any damage incurred by him in connection with his participation in the seminar. If the participant/client makes a claim against the insurer WSQR shall not be liable beyond this.
§ 9 Data Protection/Confidentiality/Data Storage
WSQR undertakes to treat information – of whatever nature – about the participant and/or the business and/or internal company information as confidential. The participant/client agrees to the processing of his/her personal data for the purposes of the course and examination process. This also applies to the purpose of the contract and to informing customers and interested parties about new products. However, he can terminate this right at any time.
§ 10 Court of Arbitration
All disputes arising out of or in connection with this legal relationship shall be finally settled by arbitration in accordance with the Rules of the Permanent Court of Arbitration at the German-Romanian Chamber of Industry and Commerce, excluding the ordinary course of law. This also applies to any disputes regarding the validity of the arbitration clause. The place of arbitration is Sibiu. The parties nominate by mutual agreement a sole arbitrator from the list of arbitrators of the Chamber. If the parties disagree, the Presidium of the Court shall decide. The language of the arbitration proceedings shall be Romanian. The applicable substantive law is Romanian law.